Subject: RE: Alpha LW price
From: Fusion Films <[email-masked]>
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 1996 17:36:00 -0700

> Excuse me asking, I'm interested to know what "non-Deskstation" system is,
> Carrera?
> 
> 

We have a Nekotech made Alpha.  Recently we have been dealing with 
Stephen Gaudet at DCG (although he was driven out of the Lightwave market 
and now really only sells Linyx(sp?) boxes).

I agree with Mark 100% - NewTek made the decision at a point where they 
needed money and they needed it fast.  Deskstations systems were, and are 
selling well and NewTek thought that it would be a perfect match for them 
(and maybe it is).  However, the other Alpha dealers who sold their 
systems to clients on the basis of eventually running LW 4.0 on them are 
now stuck with no support (unless they become authorized Deskstation 
dealers).

I think NewTek is a great company with great people - they just made a 
bad decision at a point where they had to do anything to stay alive.

Paul

     *~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*
     *       Paul Griswold    Our web site is moving, stay tuned! *
     *     Fusion Films, Inc.                 [email-masked]   *
     * Director/Animator                        (305)279-5435     *
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~